Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Yes, I see that hand

“With every head bowed and every eye closed, who would like to make a deep personal commitment to Jesus Christ right now.  Please raise your hand.  No one can see you.  Yes, I see that hand, hallelujah. Yes I see that hand, another precious soul saved, thank you Jesus.” 

Anyone that has been to a dispensational Judeo-Christian church has heard these words at the end of the service.  Having heard them countless times myself, when a member of Babylonian Christianity, they are now utterly revolting to me, and I say with absolute certainty, to God also.  The theological treason in this common well intentioned invocation, goes unrealized by the loving pastors that unwittingly try to trick half-committed people into the kingdom.  Frankly, it is an example of trying to do the right thing the wrong way.  The road to hell indeed is filled with good intentions.

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”  – Matthew 7:12-14 (NIV)

Not only are the words of this religious con-job a grave error with eternal consequences, but they instill the misconception in those that hear them, that people are being saved.  Saved from what?  Embarrassment?

Count the cost.  A person too timid to publicly confess the Lord of glory and sees no need to submit to water baptism to pledge their commitment, now or later, is not a saved Christian.

Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.  – 1 Timothy 6:11-13 (NIV)

How can I say this?  Because God’s word says so.  Arguing within Christian parameters, either the dispensational Judeo-Christians are right or God’s word is right.   Let me present what I believe to be an unbiased case of facts and then you can decide.

"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.

 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn
   " 'a man against his father,
      a daughter against her mother,
   a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
    a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'

 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.  – Matthew 10:32-38 (NIV)

When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?"

 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”  –Acts 2:37-39 (NIV)

Parlez-vous “The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off--all whom the Lord will call?”  Doesn’t that include you and I?

We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.  – Romans 6:4 (NIV)

Either the Apostles that actually knew and learned from Jesus understood the procedure in being saved, or they were wrong, and these new fangled pastors are right; meaning the Bible they say they believe is wrong.  This either or proposition makes sense to me.

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20(NIV)

Make disciples "baptizing them."

Now, brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not take pride in one man over against another. For who makes you different from anyone else?…”  –1 Corinthians 4:6-7 (NIV)

Direct my footsteps according to your word…”  –-Psalm 119:133 (NIV)

…who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at God's right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.  – 1 Peter 3:20-22 (NIV)

For there is no difference between Jew (Judah/Benjamin living in Judea) and Gentile (the 12 tribes scattered abroad since 721BC – Hosea 1:10/James 1:1)—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."  – Romans 10:12-14 (NIV)

“Yes, I see that hand?”  So what?  Hand, smand,  do they openly acknowledge Him (verbally confess Him) before men?  Do they then sign the contract, and make their pledge like the Book says by dying with him in water baptism to be raised in a new life?  With all due respect, it’s reader participation time - now you can decide.

1 comment: